Operation New Bathroom Part III- Almost Complete!

23 Feb

The bathroom is now 100% functional and about 90% complete- yahoo!

In the past week, it has gone from this.

IMG_2505

To this.

IMG_2516

Ben painted and patched the ceiling and added crown molding…

IMG_2526

Installed the base boards….IMG_2534Installed the vanity and mirror (both from Home Depot/Home Decorators)…IMG_2546

Installed the sconces (from Lowe’s). We used Edison style light bulbs from Home Depot. Aren’t they so cool?

IMG_2537Installed the oil rubbed bronze sink and shower fixtures (all Delta)…

IMG_2540

IMG_2524And hung the curved shower rod and shower curtain (from Kohls)…

IMG_2523As you can see it’s pretty much complete. Here’s what’s left on the agenda before we can put a fork in it:

• Install a new window and window casing (coming Tuesday)
  • Switch out door hardware
  • Build vintage-looking ladder to hold towels
  • Decorate walls and open shelving on vanity
  • Install toilet paper holder and towel bar
  • Hang window shade

Very exciting! Now off to go bowling with some friends in the city. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

12 Responses to “Operation New Bathroom Part III- Almost Complete!”

1. Natalie July 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

Love the bathroom–what paint color did you use for the ceiling and trim?

2. Robin Asire August 27, 2014 at 2:12 pm #

I would also love to know what paint color you used on your trim?

• 12oaksblog August 27, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

Just the off the shelf white trim paint

3. Carla September 5, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

Hi! Love your bathroom. We are currently installing carsiding in new bedrooms we’ve added. I am wondering if you used a primer on your boards and are you having any problems with bleeding from the knotholes.

• 12oaksblog September 6, 2014 at 7:01 am #

Yes we primed and there has been a bit of bleeding. Use a really good oil based primer. Good luck!

4. LCD February 14, 2016 at 1:02 pm #

Hello! I’m curious about your sconces. I found these exact sconces from Lowes. However, the inside of the base is white. Did you paint the inside of the sconces to get rid of the white base? If yes, what method did you use?

• 12oaksblog February 14, 2016 at 1:03 pm #

Yes it is. I spray painted it oil rubbed bronze and it blends well.

5. marian eichelman matthis April 21, 2016 at 4:29 pm #

Where did you get your subway tile? (Sorry, if you already covered this in your post or comments).

6. Holly May 18, 2016 at 10:47 pm #

Your bathroom is beautiful and I LOVE your sconces! I was on Lowe’s website and looked through the bronze sconces several times and didn’t see yours… could you kindly send me a link? They would be perfect for my bathroom remodel! 🙂

7. Dean Riggott January 30, 2017 at 9:46 am #

Love the vanity. Where was that purchased? Expensive?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Operation New Bathroom: The Reveal | 12 Oaks - March 3, 2013

[…] check out Part I (drywall, tile backer, lights), Part II (tile, grout, wood wall planks) and Part III (vanity, trim, sconces, […]