Each year we set out a list of the things we want to accomplish on the house. Here’s how we did with our 2016 goals…
- Finish the mudroom. Done! We shared the finished mudroom in September- it is still one of my favorite spaces in the house. Function + Beauty!
- Finish the pool fence and re-stain the deck. Done! It turned out so awesome. See more of the backyard area here.
- Update the living room built-ins. Also done! We finished these in November, they really transform our whole first floor. More pics here.
- Create a “big girl” room for Kate. I have one more little project to do in here and a few tweaks and should have a reveal later this month! It’s so stinkin’ cute.
- Finish the shed. Done, for the most part. We need to do a little more landscaping around it. Pics to come in the Spring.
- Build a fire pit. This did not happen. We just have some Adirondack chairs around a fire ring right now, but would love to build a stone fire pit/patio.
- Paint master bedroom closet. We have beautiful built ins in our master closet but they have been bare wood for 2+ years. Since no one sees our closet it keeps getting pushed off. In 2017 it will happen.
- Install pavers around the pool. Didn’t happen but it is a top priority for 2017.
So for 2017, we would like to accomplish the following:
- Install pavers around the pool.
- Finish Kate’s “big girl room.”
- Paint master bedroom closet.
- Build a built-in fire pit.
- Build a kitchen table from native New Zealand timber.
- Organize/clean up garage and pour a new floor.
We also have the “flip” to complete by March/April so that is our big focus right now.