Each year we set out a list of the things we want to accomplish on the house. Here’s how we did with our 2015 goals…
- Finish master bathroom and closet and move in to our new master. Done (mostly). We moved into the new master bedroom early in 2015 and I shared the master bathroom reveal here. We also had custom closet shelves built out and now the only thing left to do is paint them. Hope to share soon!
- Build out a playroom, including adding a wall and covering up a fireplace. Done! I just shared the playroom reveal this week. It is my favorite.
- Build mudroom cabinets on the opposite side of the new playroom wall. We started the cabinets, but it’s nowhere near complete. At least the mudroom is semi-functional right now. Put this one on the top of the list for 2016.
- Renovate the final bathroom upstairs. Done! You can see the full reveal here.
- Add window boxes to the front of the house. No progress made here. This may have to wait.
- Landscape back yard. Some progress was made here, but it is nowhere near done. I will share some photos come spring.
- Finish pergola on the back deck. Done! I still need to share photos of this. We love it. Again, I will share some photos in spring.
- Build a fire pit. Nope. We have some adirondack chairs around a fire ring, but we really want to build one in with stone. Add it to 2016!
Overall not too shabby, considering we also spent 3 months renovating an entire income property.
For 2016 our goals are to:
- Finish the mudroom.
- Paint master bedroom closet.
- Finish the pool fence and re-stain the deck.
- Install pavers around the pool.
- Update the living room built-ins.
- Finish the shed.
- Build a fire pit.
- Create a big girl room for Kate.
By the end of 2016, we will be nearly finished with major updates to the house. So exciting!
P.S. I just launched an Instagram account for the blog. Find us at 12oaksblog for progress and reveal photos!